Who are we
The Gruppo Italo Belga was founded after pioneering and teaching endoscopic surgery in Leuven Belgium, Oxford UK and in Rome, Italy.
The MKW club provides our publications based gynecology information, training and offers a platform for difficult surgery in the Rome Woman Hospital.
- Video consultations
- Medico-legal advice
is publication based gynecology information, based on over 300 peer reviewed publications, over 300 presentation and 40 years of experience
How to judge Information in gynecology
- What is evidence based is beyond discussion
- however most information in gynecology is not (yet) evidence based
- because of the limits of the RCT
- authority based expert opinion (read our article) is also very valuable
- avoid 2 common mistakes: not evidence based does not equal ‘not true and be careful with personal opinions.
- therefore the source of information is important and this can only be judged by publications, presentations etc
Menopause is when the ovaries stop to produce female hormones (estrogens and progestagens). Thereafter women have low levels of estrogens. However, after menopause the ovaries continue to produce androgens as before. Hormone replacement therapy (HRT) is taking hormones in order to compensate the deficit, similar to glasses which can become necessary to read.
The many advantages of Hormone replacement therapy comprise the brain, the support tissue, the heart and vessels, 50% less bowel cancers, less cancers of the uterus. There is not evidence that HRT cause breast cancer, but existing breast cancers grow faster with an earlier diagnosis which is often erroneously considered more cancers by non-experts. read recent review