Indications for a
- a solitary myoma with symptoms as pain or bleedings
- a pedunculated myoma at the outside of the uterus
- a myoma of less than 8 cm in the wall
- multiple myoma’s : consider an hysterectomy
- a smaller submucous myoma : consider an hysteroscopic myomectomy
- small myoma’s with distortion of the cavity
- and symptoms
- to discuss : outpatietn OPIUM technique
- oestro-progestagens are not useful
- LHRH can reduce blood flow
- ESMYA, an antiprogestagen is no longer used
The patient should decide
I was 43, with a late marriage and a very big uterus of 1 kg. Notwithstanding the statement of the Gruppo Italo Belga that this was an indication to do a hysterectomy, I refused a hysterectomy and 18 myomas were removed.
Less than 1 year later, I delivered a boy. I am lucky.