Indications for a
- a solitary myoma with symptoms as pain or bleedings
- a pedunculated myoma at the outside of the uterus
- a myoma of less than 8 cm in the wall
- multiple myoma’s : consider an hysterectomy
- a smaller submucous myoma : consider an hysteroscopic myomectomy
- small myoma’s with distortion of the cavity
- and symptoms
- to discuss : outpatietn OPIUM technique
- oestro-progestagens are not useful
- LHRH can reduce blood flow
- ESMYA, an antiprogestagen is no longer used
The patient should decide
I was 43, witha late marriage and a very big uterus of 1 kgr. Notwithstanding the statement of the gruppo italo belga that this was an indication to do an hysterectomy, I opted for a laparoscopic hysterectomy and 18 myoma’s were removed.
Less than 1 year i delivered a boy. I have been lucky.